Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wandering Around the Kohora Area


When I arrived, I thought the area near the town looked quite interesting. I thought it would be good for walking around and having a look. It's not really. I did enjoy the area back in the hills, but now I am told it is not advisable to do so. I didn't get the whole story of why, but as I was walking towards the hills along a road outside of town today, I was approached by one of the employees of one of the resorts in the area and told it was dangerous to go any farther. When I pressed him for a bit of information, he told me something about wolves. I guess there are wolves in them thar hills. I wanted to go for another walk out there this afternoon, into the valley behind the tourist area, but I guess it's really not a very good idea. Oh well.

I did walk for a while along the road in both directions out of town. I got to see long views of the tea fields.










And I watched some women picking the tea leaves that were ready.


But overall, I probably should have planned to go back to Guwahati today instead of tomorrow. Oh well, it's relaxing enough here.

No comments:

Post a Comment