Thursday, December 1, 2011

Varanasi – Arrival


After arriving in Varanasi, I needed a walk. It had been a long train ride of mainly sitting. I found a place to stay near the train station and then headed out for a look around. I started at an internet cafe to see where I ought to go. While I was checking things out on Google Maps, I saw a spot that said it was a Burger King. I thought I would like to see that. So I went in that direction. And I found it. Ha ha!!! I wonder if Burger King knows.

Then I was walking back and stopped to stare up at a mosque that seemed that it would offer a good view if it were possible to get to the top. While I was staring and wondering if I would be able to get up there, a man stopped by and wanted to chat for a while. His name was Khan, but he introduced himself as Marlon Brando. We talked for a bit, he brought me some tea and we sat together in front of the mosque and drank tea and talked about the money of different countries. It was a nice way to be introduced to Varanasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment