Thursday, December 1, 2011

Going Back to Guwahati


The trip back to Guwahati was reasonably uneventful. The bus was quite plush, as far as buses in the lower Asia region go. But before it left, there were a couple of interesting sights. There were the cattle heading across the bridge on their way to a grazing pasture. At least that's where I presume they were going.







Then I watched a man making roti (a kind of flat bread) on an earth stove in front of the bus ticket office.






Then it was back to Guwahati, unfriendly, even hostile Guwahati. I had the feeling when I arrived on my first day in the region that many places didn't want to take foreigners in the hotels. And it felt that way again. In general, people on the streets in Guwahati were friendly and helpful, but getting a place to stay is just an incredible hassle. Even with my two new friends accompanying me it seemed that I was more of a hindrance to them getting place than they were a help to me getting a place to stay. But eventually it was handled and I settled in for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment