Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another Setback

When I first got to Australia, I set my camera down. Then I neglected to pick it up again and it wandered off, presumably in somebody else's hands. In Australia the second time, I was grounded by trouble with Tiger Airlines. Then I sent home a bunch of photos from my trip so far. There were thousands of photos on three flash drives. The envelope arrived home. The flash drives did not. The postal service included an apology. Nice of them, but I doubt it was sincere given the recent strike. On my way to buy a couple of new flash drives to send the photos home once again, I bought a bus ticket to go the mall and put my wallet back in my pocket. At least I think I did. Perhaps I missed my pocket. Perhaps it got stuck near the top of my pocket and fell out when I sat down. Perhaps I was victimized by a pickpocket. In the end it doesn't matter, as I am now without a wallet. And about a hundred dollars worth of Indonesian money (whoever found it probably thought they hit the jackpot). And my ATM card. And my taekwondo certificate. And my PADI scuba diving licence. And my blood donor card. And my driver's licence. And a few other tidbits that were phone numbers and such. How do I feel about this? Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment