Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bali Taxi Drivers (Actually Taxi Drivers in Every Tourist Spot)

I'm sure you know the ones.  You are going somewhere, and it's close, or it's not, but you want to walk.  You aren't looking around in any way that suggests that you are looking to be taken anywhere.  You aren't trying to flag down a taxi (or a scooter, or a tricycle, or a form of transportation of any kind).  You aren't giving any indication that the services of a taxi, or whatever, is wanted.  And yet, as you walk by them, one after another, they ask you if you want a taxi, transportation, a ride.

NO!!!!!  I DON'T!!!!!  IF I WANTED TO GET A RIDE IN A TAXI, I WOULD BE LOOKING AT YOU AS THOUGH I WANTED A RIDE!!!!  WHAT I AM DOING IS LOOKING STRAIGHT AHEAD IN THE DIRECTION I AM GOING AS THOUGH I AM GOING SOMEWHERE, I KNOW WHERE I AM GOING, AND I DON'T REALLY WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH SOMEONE WHO KEEPS ASKING IF I WANT A RIDE!!!!!  LEAVE!!!!  ME!!!!  ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment