Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The road to Sagada

The road to Sagada is amazing.  I wish I had been on some kind of private-ish transport so that I could have stopped at times to take some photos of the breathtaking route.  Alas, I was stuck with taking photos out the windows.  This highway passes along at the tops of the mountains of the Northern Cordilleras.  Along the way you pass the highest point of the Philippine National Highway System, at 7400 feet, or roughly 2250 meters.  I suppose makes the it truly a highway.



The road was narrow and precarious, and I wouldn't recommend this trip for the faint of heart of those who have questions like, "What happens if the road washes out?", or "What if we get to close to the edge?", or at times, "What happens if we meet a car coming the other way and one of us has to give way?"  It is a bit nerve-wracking, but the views are truly amazing.



And here is a view out the front window of the bus as we started the long assent towards Sagada.
 And a shot out the window once my seat companion left and I was able to get my hand out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment