Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Morning to Explore More of Hue


I hadn't actually done much wandering around in Hue while I was in town. I had decided to do most of that exploring on tours. The city tour had been a bit of a wrong move, as I probably would have enjoyed just wandering around on my own a bit more. But I had my last morning in Hue to do some of that. So after getting cornered into writing a review on Tripadvisor of the hotel where I stayed, and getting a photo with the woman who had made my tour arrangements, Dung, I headed out for a bit of a look around.

I mostly just walked around the citadel. The outer wall is some 10 kilometers around, which was a bit more than I had time for, but the royal palace wall was only a few hundred meters around, so I walked partway around that.








On one side of the inner wall, I found a really elaborate entrance gate into the royal palace area.











The weird thing about that was that there was an entrance, but no bridge across the moat. It was kind of strange.

Then I hurried back to the hotel, found some lunch and got ready to catch my afternoon train to Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment